About Me

Can't believe it's 2013!! I'm 24 year old Arizona Native and I have never been a runner -- seriously, I took two years of dance instead of one year of P.E. in high school so I DIDN'T have to run every week -- but last year I started to go jogging/running more often and kinda started liking it. Now, I've decided 2013 is my year. My year to run. My year to get healthy. My year to make better choices. My year to kick ass in Bootcamp. My year to SUCCEED! This blog is not a New Year's Resolution -- this is my accountability (workout, running, eating, etc.) to myself and to my friends and family.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year...New and Improved Trista (complete with the same old pearls)

I stepped on the scale this morning, and it read a depressing 191.6 pounds.  Personally, I don't think I look like I weigh 191 pounds, or feel like I weigh 191 pounds.  But the truth was staring at me from the digital screen of my Weight Watchers scale...191.6 pounds.

I could care less what the scale actually reads.  My entire life I have had hips, a big chest and butt.  This is something I have completely come to embrace about myself.  I am NEVER going to be a size 2 or 4 skinny mini.  I'm built bigger, and honestly, I like food (especially the homemade Mexican food I get from my dad's side of the family).  But what with many illnesses that run in the family, I do want to be healthier.  I'd rather work on this now than when I'm 40 and it's much more difficult.  

So it's January 1, Day 1 of my new lifestyle changes.  I am going to continue Bootcamp three times a week.  It is such a hardcore workout activity, but I love the way I feel after.  I am going to re-vamp my running -- I have my first half marathon in April in DC (NWMDC April 28th), among other runs for which I'm already registered.  I am also going to put better food into my body (I love eating healthy, but I have realized it is incredibly HARD being as busy as I seem to be).  

This is the year of me.  I feel like I say that same thing every year on December 31/January 1, but I actually believe it this year.  I don't know what has changed to make me believe it, but I have this new, exhilarating motivation to do great things this year...to push myself farther than the invisible boundaries I have created in my mind.  I can do anything I set my mind to, and I will.  I am done with saying, "I can't."  This year, and from now on...I CAN!  2013 is my year!  

1 comment: