About Me

Can't believe it's 2013!! I'm 24 year old Arizona Native and I have never been a runner -- seriously, I took two years of dance instead of one year of P.E. in high school so I DIDN'T have to run every week -- but last year I started to go jogging/running more often and kinda started liking it. Now, I've decided 2013 is my year. My year to run. My year to get healthy. My year to make better choices. My year to kick ass in Bootcamp. My year to SUCCEED! This blog is not a New Year's Resolution -- this is my accountability (workout, running, eating, etc.) to myself and to my friends and family.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baby, It's Cold Outside/Hello, Texas!/I've Been Slacking

Sooo, I skipped my weigh-in last week (January 15).  I've been slacking lately, which is not good at all.  Last week, it was the coldest weather I think Arizona has seen in quite awhile.  I know all the East Coast people I know will say that 45 degree highs and 22 degree lows really isn't that cold, but for an Arizonan (particularly in the Phoenix area), that's almost an unbelievable weather forecast.  I'm honestly surprised that schools and state government didn't shut down.  Just kidding, but seriously...

So I didn't run.  For a 6 day stretch during that weather time.  Which wasn't good.  I need to be running.  And after the weather got better, I left for Texas.  I packed running gear for my trip, and while in Texas, my excuse became, "well, I'm not getting any sleep, so I won't be able to run."  So I didn't run while in Texas for 5 days.

It's been about 2 weeks since my last run.  And I feel crappy about that.  Actually, it scares the crap out of me.  I have so much training to do, and such a short amount of time to do it in.  I feel like I have been making excuses, and I am not sure how to get out of that terrible habit.  I need to just force myself to get out and do it, but can't seem to convince myself of that.

Basically, I'm feeling crappy.  The only thing I'm not feeling crappy about is my weigh-in this week.  I only gained .3 pounds (January 22 Weigh-In: 188.4).  I've stayed relatively active this week, just not doing great with the running.  Time to change that -- I am running tonight.  I need to for many reasons.  For me...for my race this weekend...to not feel like I am failing this endeavor.  I don't want this to be a "I was really gung-ho about this for a few weeks, then I gave up" situation.  I refuse to have it be like that.

So send me words of encouragement.  Shoot me a text and tell me to get my butt to the gym and run.  I would definitely appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. You've got this. Do you have a set plan yet for NWM? We can work on creating you. Cut yourself a little slack, but know that once your plan starts, you gots to get moving.

    You CAN do this. You're Trista, after all! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got it out of your system - now time to move on! You are not a slacker - you are a runner.... a beautiful one at that!

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete