About Me

Can't believe it's 2013!! I'm 24 year old Arizona Native and I have never been a runner -- seriously, I took two years of dance instead of one year of P.E. in high school so I DIDN'T have to run every week -- but last year I started to go jogging/running more often and kinda started liking it. Now, I've decided 2013 is my year. My year to run. My year to get healthy. My year to make better choices. My year to kick ass in Bootcamp. My year to SUCCEED! This blog is not a New Year's Resolution -- this is my accountability (workout, running, eating, etc.) to myself and to my friends and family.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

First Weekly Weigh-In, First Week Training

Thursday of my first week of training.  Things are going pretty good.  Just a few quick updates:

--First weekly weigh-in was Tuesday, and the scale showed what I hoped it would...I lost 3.5 pounds.  Yes - I attribute most of this to water weight, but I'll take what I can get.  January 7 Weigh-In: 188.1 (3.5 pounds down)

--Monday: Bootcamp. Was. Brutal. Like seriously...brutal.  I am still sore today.  But regrettably, I found out that Monday was my last day of Bootcamp for awhile.  I am having shoulder issues, and until my doctor's have figured out what the issue is, I am not to do strenuous exercises with my arms/shoulders.  Unfortunately, this messes up my training plan a little, but nothing that can't be fixed.  I am going to sub in some bicycle cross training and potentially yoga (although that requires some shoulder usage...we'll see how it goes).

--Tuesday: 2 mile run.  Traffic was terrible on the way home Tuesday, which put me in an incredibly frustrated mood.  In turn though, I ran pretty well.  I felt great doing it, and it really helped me focus my anger and frustrations into something.  Very productive run (although in the dark, which I don't like.  Took my taser with me...a girl's gotta be safe!)

--Wednesday: Rest Day.  I should have done some cross training, but my legs were still killing me, so I decided to listen to my body and take it easy with some compression calf sleeves and a West Wing marathon.  I think I made a good choice.

--On schedule tonight: 2 mile run and some cycling.  Then some Grey's Anatomy and Scandal.  It's going to be a good night.

Any suggestions on additional cross training in lieu of missing Bootcamp, send 'em my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment