About Me

Can't believe it's 2013!! I'm 24 year old Arizona Native and I have never been a runner -- seriously, I took two years of dance instead of one year of P.E. in high school so I DIDN'T have to run every week -- but last year I started to go jogging/running more often and kinda started liking it. Now, I've decided 2013 is my year. My year to run. My year to get healthy. My year to make better choices. My year to kick ass in Bootcamp. My year to SUCCEED! This blog is not a New Year's Resolution -- this is my accountability (workout, running, eating, etc.) to myself and to my friends and family.

Monday, January 7, 2013

First Run of 2013

On Saturday, I did my first run/jog of 2013.  I only ran 2 miles (I mostly went to test out some new gear).  It was a pretty good run.  I was very proud of myself for only stopping to walk for about 2 minutes during the whole time.   Halfway through, I wanted to quit - but I started internally chanting, "Tiffany's necklace...Tiffany's necklace," and it helped me persevere (Did I mention at the end of my half marathon I get a Tiffany's necklace?  Right?!  Super awesome motivator!).

Today, January 7, marks the first day of my 12 week training program!  Tonight is stretch and strengthen, so that means....BOOTCAMP!  I haven't been in a few weeks, so I'm sure it is going to be brutal!  As much as I'm looking forward to it, I am also not looking forward to the pain I know I will be feeling in the morning.  But that's ok - I just need to remind myself, "Tiffany's necklace..."

No comments:

Post a Comment