About Me

Can't believe it's 2013!! I'm 24 year old Arizona Native and I have never been a runner -- seriously, I took two years of dance instead of one year of P.E. in high school so I DIDN'T have to run every week -- but last year I started to go jogging/running more often and kinda started liking it. Now, I've decided 2013 is my year. My year to run. My year to get healthy. My year to make better choices. My year to kick ass in Bootcamp. My year to SUCCEED! This blog is not a New Year's Resolution -- this is my accountability (workout, running, eating, etc.) to myself and to my friends and family.

Monday, January 28, 2013

First Race of 2012!

For the most part, I have gotten out of my funk.  I went on a couple runs last week and had my first race this past weekend.  Between friends and their amazing words of encouragement (including a quasi freak out with Megan via gchat), a couple short runs last week, and the Color Run on Saturday (in the rain - FYI, it doesn't rain in Arizona), I feel a lot better about getting myself motivated.

So.  Saturday was the Color Run, "The Happiest 5k on the Planet" and it was a blast!  It was pouring rain and cold (it doesn't rain in Arizona), but such a good time.  I half walked/half jogged (it was so freaking packed, I really couldn't run/jog much more because of the amount of people in the way).  Considering I've been struggling, I am very happy with my time (that, and parts of the course were flooded out, so I was running in shin deep water - did I mention it isn't supposed to rain in Arizona???).  




The Color Run, January 26, 2013: 44:18 (average pace 13:53).  


Post Color Run, I went for a massage yesterday to have Jason work on my aching calves and shins.  Tonight after work, I hit the pavement again with clean, not soaking running shoes (PS - it's STILL raining!!!) 

Next Monday, I (full blown) start my training plan.  For now, I continue my runs to build a base.  I am feeling much better than last week about training for the NWM DC in April!  Bring it on!  


No comments:

Post a Comment